Friday, August 30, 2013
The Friday Five
Welcome back to The Friday Five:
Since summer is quickly coming to an end and school years are about to begin, this week's Friday Five is:
Five things that are beginning or ending around here:
1. Student Teaching. The elder child had her first day of teacher orientation/meet the students at her student-teaching placement yesterday. The verdict is: "I love my first graders!"
2. Earth Science at the local jr. college. The younger child is taking his first class at the local jr. college. So far the week is off to a rocky start with the teacher a no-show for the first class, a last minute classroom change, and a mix-up on when the lab was actually scheduled. But I think we're on track now. :)
3. Hopefully, this heatwave will be ending soon. It's too hot to work on the patio project. Too hot to sit on the front porch in the evenings. Just plain too hot for this girl!
4. Football season is beginning! The last NFL preseason games are over. College football games started last night. Are you ready for some football?
5. Teaching Sunday school. This is a beginning/ending around here. Our church Sunday school takes a break in August, so the teachers can recharge and reorganize. So the Sunday after Labor Day, my husband will be starting a new year as a Sunday school teacher of 4-6th grade. I taught Sunday school for the first part of the year, but someone else will be taking over my class, so my time as a teacher is coming to an end. (For now.)
How about you? What's beginning or ending at this time of year for you?