Friday, June 07, 2013

The Friday Five


I love my Kindle eReader. I use it every day. So this week's Friday Five is:

Five reasons I love my Kindle.

1. The number one reason I love it is that I can read at night with a tiny book light that doesn't disturb my sleeping husband. I love to read in bed, and the Kindle lets me read late into the night if I want to.

2. The ability to have dozens of my favorite books all in one easy-to-carry place.

3. The ability to try lots of new authors with free or low cost eBooks.

4. The ease of purchase (this is a two-edged sword) with the "Buy With One Click" option on amazon.com

5. I also love how light my Kindle is and that I can turn pages with one hand.

Q4U: Do you have an eReader? Do you like it? What do you like best about it?

5 comments:

  1. I like my Kindle for all the same reasons you do! And yep, that one-click button is dangerous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have one yet, but I'd love to get one! The fact I could have oodles of books in one spot without the scary tower I now have sold me on the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate to admit it, but I have two Kindles. I received the version with the keyboard below the screen for Christmas, then the next year, my kids gave me the Fire for my birthday. I love them both for different reasons. AND I love that they talk to each other, so I don't have to look for my last stopping point.

    Don't get me started on free and low-cost books...I'm addicted!!

    Great topic, Erica!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do writers use the keyboard to do edits?

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have a Kobo Glo in our household. It's meant to be my hubby's so I rarely use it, but "our" two favourite features are its built in adjustable light, and its ability to download books from our (Canadian) public libraries. It has a very long battery life, too, which is a plus.

    ReplyDelete