Sunday, June 02, 2013

Stuhr Pioneer Museum

Last month, my family and I embarked on an epic vacation, our ultimate destination being The Grand Canyon. (Something I've always wanted to see.)

On the way, we had many adventures, and I hope to share some of those with you here on the blog.

One of the early stops we made was the Stuhr Pioneer Museum in Grand Island, NE. Oh, my, am I ever glad we stopped. What a wonderful place. Their railroad town will show up in one of my future stories, I have no doubt.

Peter took lots of pictures for me, and I kept the pamphlet that contained the map of the town so I could remember the layout.

Here's a link to learn more about the Stuhr Museum Railroad Town.

http://www.stuhrmuseum.org/RailroadTown/about-our-town/

Have you ever been to Nebraska?

2 comments:

  1. Nebraska? Why yes, I just happened to visit the fair state a few weeks ago. Love it. All damp and dreary...perfect for writing with friends!!!

    I love museums, especially local ones that preserve the history of the town. Makes my past life as a pioneer rise to the surface, LOL! But really, I love old American West history (is that redundant? Old and History??) Either way, it's amazing what people went through to settle their land. I imagine their struggles and yearn for the simpler things in life, but let's face it, I enjoy indoor plumbing, too. I think God plopped me in just the right era : )

    I need a map of a mountain town with a town square. Any ideas where I can find one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like a trip to Nebraska!!

    ReplyDelete