Thursday, May 09, 2013

The Friday Five







Last weekend I was in Omaha, NE, and my hostess took me to a wonderful sculpture park in downtown Omaha. Here are some of the pictures I took. I was amazed at the detail and the expressions on their faces. The sculptor caught their movement so well. The care on the adults' faces, and the carefree happiness of the children. I think one of my favorite sculptures though was the scout returning to the wagon train with venison. 

Have you been to Omaha? Do you think you would've made a good pioneer? I know I wouldn't have.

5 comments:

  1. A Little Princess as a pioneer? You slay me :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That is really impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing the photos—very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great statues. Such detail.

    I'd love to go to Omaha someday. It's one of the places the heroine of my debut novel lived before coming to California. Not only that, but it has a rich history, and you know how much I love history. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omaha, NE? You luck bucket! I hope you had a great time!!

    ReplyDelete