This last weekend I was blessed to get to spend a few days with some writer friends at a retreat. There are so many benefits of a writers' retreat, that I can't possibly name them all here, but I thought I'd hit a few of the big ones for me:
1. It's a chance to get away and focus on one project. No distractions, just the work.
2. It gives me validation as a writer. This might seem odd, but from time to time, I need to do something with other writers, something only writers do, to remind myself that I'm a 'real' writer and I should treat my writing seriously.
3. A writer's retreat is a chance to be with other people who know exactly what it is you struggle with, what you do for all those hours staring at the computer screen, and what your fears are.
4. It's a chance to share industry news and information and learn more about this business we're all trying to succeed at.
5. It rejuvenates me to come back and work some more.
6. It's a chance to gab and eat and brainstorm and laugh and visit new places with people who are my good friends.
I can't wait for the next one!!!