Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day

Rose Cluster

Yesterday was a wonderful Mother's Day for me. It started with the annual Mother's Day Breakfast at church. The men gather in the kitchen and produce pancakes, sausage, scrambled eggs, donuts, juice, fruit, and other yummy concoctions.

Then we had an uplifting worship service. And afterwards, lots of fellowship with church friends and a lovely yellow carnation. 

I had thought we would head home right after church, but my husband and son surprised me by taking me out to dinner. We had a leisurely meal with fun conversation and good food.

When I got home, I got to talk for a nice long time with my daughter who is jumping into finals week. After the phone call, it was just about time to head off to Bible study with my girls at church. 

By some folks' standards this might not exactly peg the excitement meter, but to me it was the perfect day.

What is your idea of a perfect day?

6 comments:

  1. What a nice day. Mine was very quiet. No holy day of obligation. Instead of brunch out, I opted for a day in the sun room. Tea, jumbo donuts and Doctor Who. It was perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got to see both of my children, my husband, and my parents. The sun was shining, and we had a nice two hour ride to pack up some of my daughter's things at Taylor University. I loved hearing how her first year in Professional Writing was going.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It depends on my mood. lol Yesterday was a great Mother's Day. Church with my family. My husband slipped out early to grill steaks and make baked potatoes and my son is still young enough to make my gift which I treasure. I'll be sad when my kids stop making me hand prints.

    I read outside awhile, took a nap and watched TV with my daughter. Just a good day all around. Glad you had a great Mother's Day, Erica!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you had such a nice Mother's Day celebration, Erica. I got to talk with my college daughter, too. That was nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a little late getting here, but am smiling at how your Mother's Day mirrored mine... right down to our church men's group making pancakes, bacon, eggs and fresh fruit for our breakfast, and handing out a single carnation to each woman at the end of the church service (mine is fushia-tipped). We didn't go out for dinner, but DH barbecued me a steak. And our three married-and-living-out-of-town children phoned during the afternoon to chat. I couldn't have asked for a better Mother's Day. It was perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karen1:53 PM

    Sounds like a peprfect day to me! I love your blogs, Erica, and your books! Just finished Sagebrush Knights, and am looking forward to some possible sequels...Any thoughts about that, yet? (hopefully?)

    ReplyDelete