Thursday, April 04, 2013
The Friday Five
We've entered another season of Driver's Ed/Driver's tests. I'll be so glad when this part is behind us! "Watch your mirrors." "Slow down." "Keep a safe distance." "Watch your mirrors." "Give it some gas going around the corner." "Watch your mirrors." :)
In honor of our son, who is in the midst of all this instruction, this week's Friday Five is Five things I remember about my driver's test.
1. Right off the top, I'll let you know, I failed the first time I took my driver's exam.
2. The women at the DMV in Salina, Kansas were all horribly cranky all the time.
3. The horn didn't work when I went to take the test the second time and we had to go home so my dad could make the repair.
4. The second time seemed so much easier than the first.
5. The license cost $9.50, and when I gave the woman a $20 bill, she said "What do you think I am? A bank? I can't change that!" (remember I said they were cranky?) so I went outside where my dad was waiting for me and told him. He ran up to the 7-Eleven and got a big gulp, gave me the change, and I paid for my license. (He's a good man.)
What do you remember about taking your driver's test?