In honor of this week's First Day of Spring, I thought it would be a good week for this particular Friday Five:
Five Signs it is Spring in Minnesota.
1. The largest freshwater ship on the great lakes, the Mesabi Miner, gets stuck in the ice in Duluth Harbor and has to go back to the dock.
2. We've only had to leave the bathroom cupboard door open two nights this week to ensure the water pipes didn't freeze.
3. The best people can say about the many inches of snow we have here is, "At least it isn't mud."
4. I had to wear my gloves out to the mailbox to avoid frostbite, only to find it stuffed with seed and flower catalogs.
5. We can't decide if having snow for Easter Sunday means the Easter eggs will be horrible hard to find (buried in the snow) or ridiculously easy (sitting atop the ice.)
What's the spring weather like in your neck of the woods?