Sunday, March 17, 2013

Speedbo


Have you heard of Speedbo???

Speedbo is an event put on by Seekerville.net every March to encourage authors to set a writing goal and stick to it for one month.

We've just passed the halfway mark, and I've got some work to do to meet my goal. By the end of the month, I need to be finished with this current WIP.

Over the weekend, I read through the manuscript and corrected a few things that I knew needed to be changed if I was going to write the ending I hoped for. Now I'm set to write the final chapters of my story and get it sent to my agent for submission. :)

Do you have writing goals this month? Are you participating in Speedbo?

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad the writing is going so well, Erica.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Erica! How fun that you're participating in Speedbo, too! I'm super glad I decided to join - it's been very motivating, and I, too, am getting ready to write those final chapters for my WIP. :) I've written a little over 15,000 words in the past two weeks - that is *not* normal for me at all, LOL!

    I hope all goes well as you finish off your WIP, that the words flow and you feel satisfied with how it comes together. :)

    ~Amber

    ReplyDelete
  3. At first glance, I thought you were referring to the card game, Skip-bo

    http://www.amazon.com/Mattel-42050-SKIP-Card-Game/dp/B0000205XI

    My bad!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to get things done, Erica. I had never heard of this. I just finished a ms and sent it to partners. Now to edit a new one. That's my goal for the rest of this month and April. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm taking part in March Madness for the third year in a row -- a similar motivated-by-goals month of writing spearheaded by Denise Jaden. I participated in Speedbo last year, but this year decided I couldn't focus on more than one project, so I just pop into Seekerville periodically to encourage others.

    It's great that you're making such good progress. These group activities really help keep the momentum going, don't they?

    ReplyDelete