Sunday, March 31, 2013

A pleasant surprise


This Saturday was a great day for me! I finished my manuscript and proposal for The Major's Minors, and I mailed them to my agent.

In addition, I was at the library, and as I passed the Large Print Section in the Fiction area, I glanced at the end cap as I went by. Look at that! My book, Maggie and the Maverick, had been chosen by the library staff as one of the display titles!

I had to take a picture. :)

At the beginning of a new month, it's time to set some goals. Having just finished a novel, I'm searching through my project ideas for the next thing to work on. I spent Saturday afternoon with my daughter, plotting out a novel, sticking post-it notes everywhere and exploring possibilities. I've got two more sequel novels to plot, and a novella collection I'm kicking around.

My goal for this month is to get these stories plotted out, pictures found for the main characters, basic research done, and synopses written up.

What is your goal for this month?

3 comments:

  1. You're on a roll, Erica! My goal is to finish up a novella I've been working on for a looong time :-) I recently tightened up some scenes. Now I'm sprucing up the character conflict and motivation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, Erica! How fun seeing your book on the end cap. I don't have my goal for this month yet, but it's definitely going to involve writing SOMETHING!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is all kinds of awesome, Erica!! And hooray on finishing up another book! I'm writing a new book now--it's so much fun!

    ReplyDelete