Sunday, February 17, 2013

Fairy Tales

apples

There is something so timeless and classic about a fairy tale. Good vs. evil. Risking all for love. Magic. The story structure is perfect. Damsel in distress, fragile, innocent, who turns out to be stronger and braver than even she knew. Handsome hero facing impossible odds to save the woman he loves. Talking mirrors, dwarfs, glass slippers, singing candlesticks.

Cinderella, Snow White, Beauty and the Beast. I love them all.

So what's your favorite fairy tale? Who is your favorite villain? 

4 comments:

  1. I think my favorite is Grimm's Frog Prince. Haven't seen Disney's take. Not my cup of tea. A new favorite fairy tale is ABC's Once Upon A Time. There are all sorts of twists to the stories. My favorite character from the show is the villain, Rumpelstiltskin. Seems I'm attracted to the bad boys

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow!That one is tough because I love all fairy tales. Probably Cinderella. I love the message, you can be anything. You are worth love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love fairy tales. I could live fairy tales...ask my family, they think I do : )

    Disney's Beauty and Beast is my all time favorite movie. Sounds silly, doesn't it? The characters, the music, the setting--Disney did it great. I remember making the kids sit through the movie every night when I first came out on VHS...I had the toughest time convincing them it was their idea, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved Snow White growing up. But I always wanted the hero to be the huntsman who spared Snow in spite of the evil queen's powers. Maybe that's why I became a writer - so I can make any of the characters the heroine and hero. Like CJ I'm a huge fan of Once Upon a Time. I hope they're able to keep up the great stories. My favorite villain is Cruella De Vil. So evil - easy to cheer when she gets her comeuppance.

    ReplyDelete