Today, October 5th, is my beloved husband's birthday.
So I thought I'd share five memories I have of my husband.
1. One of the first memories I have of Peter is his 21st birthday. I didn't know him very well, but I do remember wishing him a happy birthday. (I thought he was pretty grown up at 21, since I was just 18.)
2. I remember the first time I saw Peter. As a new freshman at Calvary Bible College who needed to have a Christian Ministry, I chose to work in the AWANA club of a nearby church. Peter was the game leader. I love a man in uniform, even that old gray and red one AWANA used to have all their leaders wear.
3. I remember Peter holding our firstborn for the first time. He held her like a running back tucking a football close so he won't fumble. :) He immediately fell in love with that little girl. Makes me mushy inside just thinking about it.
4. I remember Peter watching the Super Bowl of 1996 with his son. Of course James was five days old at the time.
5. I remember the look in Peter's eyes when he asked me to marry him. He's been looking at me that same way ever since.
Happy Birthday, Peter. I hope we are blessed to share many, many more birthdays together.
Q4U - Best flavor of birthday cake?
For me, it's devil's food with chocolate frosting.