Monday, July 23, 2012

Hard to put into words...Keli Gwyn!

It's not often an author is at a loss for words, but as I've contemplated how to articulate what I want to say here, I know I will never do the topic justice.

And what topic is that?

It's my friend, Keli Gwyn.

In the end, I've decided to just list all the words that come to mind when I think of Keli, knowing that individually and put all together, they don't do this lady justice.

1. Generous
2. Kind
3. Spunky
4. Brave
5. Unselfish
6. Genuine
7. Enthusiastic
8. Persistent
9. Joyful
10. Thoughtful
11. Exuberant
12. Creative
13. Intelligent
14. Forgiving
15. Resilient
16. Giving
17. Tiny
18. Mighty
19. Emotional (In a good way!)
20. Transparent
21. Friendly
22. Beautiful
23. Skilled
24. Resourceful
25. Strong

The list could go on and on...

Recently Keli blogged on Seekerville about "The Seekerville Effect" about how encountering the Seekers on line and in real life was such a positive and memorable experience to so many. In the comments, someone mentioned how there could also be a "Keli Effect" and I wholeheartedly agree. Anyone who knows Keli, whether online or in real life, is forever changed and charmed by her friendly, generous, beautiful nature.

Whether it is promoting other authors' work, celebrating their awards, milestones, and successes, helping newbies navigate the world of publishing or blogging with Wordpress, (wink!) or battling health issues with courage and determination, Keli brings a grace and friendliness that I wish I could aspire to.

She is a true friend.

And this month, a long-time dream of hers came true. Her debut novel hit bookstore shelves across the nation. I had the privilege of reading A Bride Opens Shop in El Dorado, California, and it was my honor to endorse it. I've rarely read a book with snappier dialogue.

Here's a little bit about the book:


An ever-resourceful widow, Elenora Watkins arrives in El Dorado ready to go into partnership with Miles Rutledge. When he refuses, Elenora becomes the competition across the street. Is this town big enough for the two of them? Miles can't help but stick his well-polished boot in his mouth whenever he comes face-to-face with Elenora. Can he find a way to win her heart while destroying her business? Miles's mother, Maude, is bent on Elenora becoming her new daughter-in-law while Elenora's daughter, Tildy, thinks Miles would make a perfect papa. How far will these meddlers go to unite this enterprising pair?

A Bride Opens Shop in El Dorado, California is a Christian historical romance novel.

In an effort to show Keli the tremendous impact she has had on the Christian Fiction blogging community of writers and readers I'd love for you to add in the comment section to my list of words that describe Keli...If Keli has touched your life in some way, let her know!

19 comments:

  1. Oh, what a post! I just loved this. Though I haven't had the privilege of meeting Keli in person, just online interaction with her has been a blessing. So, just a few words which describe Keli from my perspective:

    Talented (Her book is a must-read!)
    Romantic (I love her blog posts about her and Gwynly!)
    Humorous (The banter between her two main characters...love it!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo! I agree! I love her posts about Gwynly. They are so cute!

      Delete
  2. Yay, Keli! I'll add "Fun" to the list. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fun! you're so right! She is a lot of fun!

      Delete
  3. Keli was one of the first bloggers and writers I came across when I jumped into the blogosphere and I was tickled when she emailed me the first time. I haven't met her in person, but I can't wait for that day. It's been a treat to watch her release her novel. To me, Keli is a Christian personified and a true romantic at heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christian sums her up beautifully! She is a lovely picture of Christ's caring and unselfishness!

      Delete
  4. Great post! Keli is such a special person. I'd say supportive and encouraging. She really inspires me, too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Supportive is a great word! She was so kind to me when my debut novel came out, hosting me on her blog. I love how she champions other authors. She even put the entire line of Bride/Wedding books out on display at her book signing to promote all the authors.

      Delete
  5. This post was perfect and I couldn't agree more with you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! What a surprise to find this lovely post, Erica. This is a two-tissue one to be sure. You blew me away. Thank you, my friend, from the bottom of my heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Purely my pleasure, Keli! :)

      Delete
  7. Sweet comes to mind for me. She was so sweet when I met her, I felt that I had known her my whole life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. vpl, that describes Keli perfectly. An instant and lifelong friend.

      Delete
  8. Ohhhhh, I love this post! And I love all the ways you have described Keli! They are all so fitting for her. I would add spiritual, because her heart is attuned toward God and God's fingerprints are all over her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D Beautiful sentiment! God's fingerprints ARE all over Keli! What a wonderful way to put it!

      Delete
  9. Lovely post! And PERFECT way to get to know an author!!! I know Keli through a little bit of virtual world friendship and I would say my word for her is CONTAGIOUS! She is infectiously joy-filled ... I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awwwww! What a beautiful tribute to Keli. :-) I agree with everything you said!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cindy stole the words right off my fingertips... encouraging and supportive... so I'll just have to go on and say how much it meant when she approached me two years ago for an interview on her 'Romance Writers on the Journey' blog. That she would even think to invite me to be among her many published and soon-to-be-published authors gave me such a huge morale boost at a time when I was struggling to find the path God wanted me to travel.

    And she has THE most wonderfully radiant smile!! :D

    ReplyDelete