Sunday, June 24, 2012

The Tantalizing Ladies

Last week it was my privilege to attend a meeting in Maple Grove, MN and get to know an extraordinary group of women. They call themselves the Tantalizing Ladies Tea ~ A Book Club Coterie. Isn't that the most wonderful name?

They meet monthly, and they have a marvelous time. I was told they have so much fun, it's practically illegal, and I believe it!

In addition to being loads of fun, they also excel at hospitality. My sister-in-law and I were welcomed into the group with open arms.

We had the most lavish and amazing high tea with so much yummy food. Cucumber sandwiches, raspberry cold soup, lady fingers, mint chocolate cakes, chicken salad, mini quiches, strawberries, and so much more. And Earl Grey tea.

In addition to the wonderful meal, we also each got to choose our own teacup and matching saucer from the china cabinet. I chose a pretty one with black-eyed susans.

And even more fun...we each chose a hat from the box our hostess had for us.

After our meal and much laughter, they invited me to talk about the book they had just read, A Bride's Portrait of Dodge County, KS, and a little bit about how I became a writer.

Next month they're reading Katie Ganshert's Wildflowers from Winter!

Here are a couple of pictures from the day.


This is my adorable sister-in-law Linda in her hat. We had such a good time!

Here are the Tantalizing Ladies! They are so much fun! That's a copy of A Bride's Portrait of Dodge City, KS on the table. Don't you love our hats?

Do you belong to a book club? Do you drink tea?

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun. You'll have to show us what your hat looks like. Hard to see you hiding in the back shadows (-;

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Sounds like my kind of event. :) I've been in a book club on and off for a few years, but my three friends and I each have four children under the age of eight, so we do the book clubs between having children.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like fun. I love doing teas, and going to book clubs. How smart to do them both together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun hats and a beautiful setting. I've attended a few tea parties, but I'm more of a coffee person. I do enjoy the aesthetic of tea parties, though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooo, that looks like so much fun! I have been to a tea party at a church before, and it was fun...but not intimate like yours was. I bet it was a TON of fun!

    I am not in a book club, but I'd love to be. :)

    ReplyDelete