Friday, April 06, 2012

The Friday Five



Today's Friday Five is courtesy of Jessica Patch, writer friend and blogger buddy. We're exchanging blog posts today. You can get to know Jessica better and read her interview with me on her blog at: http://jessicarpatch.blogspot.com/

So, I asked Jessica to give us a Friday Five and tell us five things she carries in her purse that would tell us something about her.

So, Here's Jessica!


"First, thanks for having me Erica! Friday Five is one of my Friday Faves! 

Five things. Not sure what they say about me, but here they are: 

1. Cell phone, but not because I need it to talk. In fact, the older I become, the less I enjoy talking on the phone. I'd rather you text me and if it's going to be lengthy then we'll chat. Otherwise, text me. Plus, it's my social media suitcase. 

2. Laminated scripture verse for my one Word this year. Strength. The verse: Psalm 84:5

3. My Kindle. Must I explain? I didn't think so. :) 

4. Plastic Wal-Mart or grocery sack. I have this horrible fear of throwing up in public and on people. I can't bear to puke in my purse or on my Kindle so I keep the bag. I also mentally plan exit strategies when I'm in crowds for this very reason. I say if you're going to toss your cookies, keep it clean. (I also keep mints but that might make 6 things.)

5. Burt's Bees Peppermint lip balm. I love that stuff. I have one on my desk by my bed and one in my purse. I like the way it moisturizes my lips, smells, and the tingling effect when I smear that joker on. 

And there ya have it."

Here's a little more about Jessica: She's a wife, a mom, a writer and speaker, and a sassy southern girl that I get a big kick out of. Check out her blog (link above) and get to know this dynamic Christian woman.

24 comments:

  1. I love Burt's Bees too! And I'm with you, I'd rather text than talk. Why is that????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know exactly. I think it's easier to read a text and reply and still keep busy writing, cooking, cleaning, watching TV etc than actually talk on the phone. And also, people today don't seem to "get" the ready to go voice. You know the higher pitched tone when you say, "Well okay...." They. just. keep. going. LOL

      Delete
    2. Now I'm feeling sad that I don't have Burt's Bees. Gonna have to get me some and see what the chatter is all about. :D

      I don't even have texting on my phone. So lame...

      Delete
  2. Burt's Bees!!! My fave!

    And throwing up in public?? LOL, Jessica, where does this fear come from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What would we do without Burt on our lips!

      I don't ever remember throwing up in public, so it's not from a childhood trauma. I don't know! But it freaks me out! Ack!

      Delete
    2. Well, I wasn't afraid of throwing up in public before now, but..... :P

      I have a friend who carries latex gloves in her purse in case she comes up on an accident where she needs to give first aid.

      Of course, she also carries a fork in her purse in case she comes up on a random picnic in progress...

      Delete
    3. Sometimes I carry latex, when I'm going to Goodwill! :)

      Delete
  3. Saw you over on Jessica's blog and I'm so glad I stopped by - fun Friday post:) Jessica, your sense of humor never ceases to crack me up. Do you throw up that often or have you been traumatized at some point??? Pregnancy did that to me!

    I carry my verses too, a little ring of them. And my cell is not for chatting either, it's strictly in case I get stranded on the side of the road or someone is chasing me.
    Have a great weekend ladies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Susan! So great to meet you!

      Me too on the traumatized by pregnancy barfing. Good thing the kidlets were worth it. :D

      Delete
    2. If I've been traumatized, I've repressed the memories! LOL I didn't puke much when I was pregnant with my kids.

      Delete
  4. I'll add number 4 to my list of things to worry about now. I'll have to squeeze a plastic bag in beside my hand sanitizer! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it crushes down nicely! ;)

      Delete
    2. Since I am "The Lord High Keeper of Everything" and my purse resembles Mary Poppins' bag, I can probably squeeze a plastic bag into it somewhere...next to the hat stand and rubber tree plant. :D

      Delete
  5. I will never think of a plastic baggie the same way every again! LOL! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Texting is awesome! The best way to chat and do other things too. Multi-tasking. At its finest.

    I've thrown up in public too many times. Pregnancy was not kind to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People who can text and do anything else amaze me. I would walk into walls, burn the bacon, or vacuum up the cat. LOL!

      Delete
    2. I wish I could vacuum up my dog while texting...or even not texting! LOL

      Delete
  7. So uh, Jessica...do you frequently go to town when you feel like you are going to puke? Cause, huh, them words has me runnin' the other way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun Post. I'd love a survey of the top five things gals carry in their purses besides the wallet and phone. That could be eye-opening. And you're not the only one with the plastic bag in her purse, Jessica. But not so much for puking as just having a handy trash bag or carry-all available.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should. I'd be interested to know!

      Delete
  9. I must be a dinosaur because I don't like texting. Maybe it comes from needing reading glasses and having the Dickens of a time reading those teensy words on that micro screen. Our college daughter finally gave up on me and calls when she wants to get in touch.

    I thought I had most every phobia known to womankind, but you introduced me to one I don't have, Jess. At least you've figured out a way to deal with it. Have plastic bag; will travel.

    ReplyDelete