Friday, March 09, 2012

The Friday Five

Five things I love about my kids' friendship:

1. Their laughter. When they get together, we hear laughter ringing through the house.

2. The way the older one seeks to guide and shepherd the younger one. (Even though, sometimes, he resists this procedure.)

3. The way they work together. Yesterday they baked a chocolate cake and decorated it together.

4. The way they are willing to be silly together. The above picture was taken at the Blue Earth County Historical Society Museum last year (Before the boy sprouted another couple of inches.) I was viewing an exhibit in another part of the museum when I heard them laughing their heads off. They had found the children's dress up corner and posed for an American Gothic of their own.

5. Their similar interests. They can talk computer games and movies all day long.


Are your kids good friends?

5 comments:

  1. I have an only, but she gets along pretty well with the cats when she's home from college for visits. Does that count? =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes! My kids are 25, 21, 19, and 16, and they all love being together. The laughter in my house when they are all home together is such a delight to my heart. They go see movies together, they like to just sit around and talk and laugh. The first two are really close and will hang out together over the weekends. It's so great!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Erica this is so cool. I'll answer this by saying they have their days. :D

    But mostly, yes, and I love watching them play together.

    ~ Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  4. My kids are about six years apart, but they are good friends. I love it when my daughter mother hen's him. He resists too at times! When I hear them cackling it melts my heart.

    And they fight like cats and dogs too! Oy! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. As I tell my girlies, friends will come and go, but you will always have each other.

    ReplyDelete