photo © 2005 Benjamin Esham | more info (via: Wylio)
This summer seems to be taking forever to get here, probably because it is so pea-picken' cold here still. We had one 48 hr period of warmth...enough to make all the dandelions pop out.
But we're creeping along toward full-blown summer. My daughter is home from college. My son has finished his homeschooling year. My husband took the snowblower off the tractor and put the belly mower on.
So, today's Friday Five is:
Five things I'm looking forward to this summer:
1. Warm weather! It hasn't really been warm here since October.
2. Vacation. My parents are visiting this summer, and they're bringing my aunt, uncle, and a little cousin along. We're going to Duluth and the Mesabi Iron Range, and I shall gaze upon lovely Lake Superior and think long, deep thoughts. (Or I'll throw a zillion rocks into the water and watch them sink.)
3. Walking. I want to walk outside again. I've been a bit of a slacker when it comes to exercise this winter, and warm, breezy days beckon.
4. A writer's weekend. Hoping to get together with some writer friends sometime in July and write, write, write.
5. Reading and writing. I have a TBR stack that is threatening to topple over on the rest of the house, and I have some novellas and a novel to write.
What are you looking forward to this summer?
And a BLOGGAVERSARY WINNER! I assigned a number to each of the comments and emails I received and went to random.org and let them choose a number...
The Winner is.....Keli Gwyn! Congratulations, Keli!
Thank you to everyone who helped me celebrate five years of blogging, and Keli, I'll be sending you the seven books and the gift card ASAP.