Friday, March 18, 2011
The Friday Five
This week's Friday Five is
Five great things about a writing retreat weekend.
1. Getting to hang with Katie. :D
2. Getting to talk about writing with someone who totally gets it!
3. Putting an insane number of words on my WIP and getting into the meat of the conflict.
4. Visiting an amazing town. The town of Galena is an historical gem. Most all of the town is on the National Historic Register, and everything is pristine. Brick buildings everywhere, at least four white spires (looked like something out of a Norman Rockwell) with mansions and museums on every block. Historical Writer Heaven!
5. Though I was exhausted when I got home, I was also rejuvenated, much like I am when I get home from the ACFW Conference in September. If possible, I would suggest a mid-year writing weekend to keep those creative juices flowing and charge those writer batteries.
The only downside to the whole weekend was that it ended too soon!
What do you think you would like or not like about a writing retreat?