Friday, July 09, 2010
The Friday Five
Five things from our vacation:
1. I learned that the camp boss at a logging camp was called The Push. He pushed people to do more work so they could make contract and get paid.
2. Whenever my parents visit, MN has unusual weather. When we were in Hibbing, MN, the overnight temperature was 37 degrees...a new record low for that day in Hibbing. Brrrr!
3. Words can't describe how huge the Hull-Rust-Mahoning Mine is. It is called the Grand Canyon of the North.
4. One cannot help but toss a few rocks into Lake Superior when you stand on the shore.
5. Minnesota is a beautiful state with a varied and rich history. The MN State Historical society does an amazing job maintaining more than 20 historical sites throughout the state, as well as a top-notch history center and library for the benefit of the people of the state.
What do you love about your state? Do you live in the state of your birth, or are you a transplant like me?