Okay, for years now I've been saying that the Christmas season is starting earlier and earlier each year, but this year I REALLY MEAN IT!
This is the earliest I've ever seen the Christmas season (retail) ramp up. I theorize that retailers fear a slow buying season and are hoping to stretch it out as long as possible to try to end the year in the black.
So, Five Signs Christmas Is Coming. (WICKED EARLY)
1. The Caribou Coffee Shop where I write started playing Christmas music before Halloween.
2. A commercial for "Better than Black Friday Sales." This store is trying to entice readers in with uber-sales that boast being better than the day after Thanksgiving sales.
3. My annual Heifers for the Holidays or Cows for Christmas cattle-log (get it?) showed up. I love this little booklet. I order things like a family of chickens or a goat for a family in Africa, then send a card to someone telling them the gift was given in their name.
4. My kids are working on their Christmas Piano pieces, and my son has been given a rendition of Feliz Navidad, a song that Sticks. In. My. Head.
5. I've already purchased a Christmas gift. Wild.
How about you? Any signs of the season where you are?
Blog tour bulletin: