He kinda looks like I felt when I got home from vacation--a vacation that included the ACFW Conference.
So this week's Friday Five is: Five things I loved about the 2009 ACFW Conference.
1. Seeing friends, new and old. Hanging with writers. Sooooo fun!
2. A continuing ed class that blew my mind. Karen Ball and Allen Arnold. They each have such a heart for writers, for books, for readers. And they want writers to THRIVE. They spent hours teaching us how to do just that.
3. Meeting with my editor, JoAnne, and realizing we were more than just editor/author, but friends.
4. Hearing the inspirational story of how Debbie Macomber went from wannabe to world-famous writer.
5. Buying books in the bookstore and getting them signed by the authors, esp. Aaron McCarver, my copy editor, whose first Heartsong released just recently.
So, how about you? What did you love about the conference, or, if you didn't go to the conference, how about what did you like about your vacation? OR if you didn't go on vacation, something recently that made you laugh, like that picture of the bear made me laugh.