It's Goal Time again. You can read my May Goals here and see how I did last month. I look at my goals much like the drawing to the left. The outlines are there, I just need to fill in the spaces with color.
1. Copy Edits for The Bartered Bride. I just got these back 6/1 and combed through them. Yay for Aaron McCarver, copy-editor par excellance! I should be able to get these back to him within 48 hrs.
2. Turn in The Engineered Engagement. Sometime after June 1, 2009. I did the final readthrough of this story and it's all ready to turn in.
3. Finish final edits on Clara and the Cowboy. This final readthrough took me longer than I anticipated (not sure why,) but the book is submitted well before the June 1st deadline. I will anxiously await the content edit on it, since it's the first book in a new series.
4. Begin plotting and writing sequels to Clara and the Cowboy: Lily and the Lawman and Maggie and the Maverick. I am closing in on finishing Lily and the Lawman the first time through. Have run into a couple sticky patches while winding this one up, trying to keep it plausible and fast-paced, but I think it's coming around. Then it will be time to plot Maggie's book. (Or as CJ calls it CAL's book!)
5. Prepare proposal packet and three chapters of a mystery/romance I've got kicking around in my head, including materials to pitch at ACFW. The wheels are turning. I might make this the major project for July.
7. Attend ACFW Denver. This month the counter will click down under 100 days!
8. Read 5 books on craft this year, focusing on characterization, conflict, and endings. I finished reading The Fire in Fiction by Donald Maass. This is one of those books that I think will sink in the more I try to implement the insights and ideas it raised.