It's time for the May goal check. How are you doing on your writing goals this year? How are you doing on any of your goals? Here are mine and how I've progressed so far.
1. Copy Edits for The Bartered Bride. These should come to me in a couple weeks.
2. Turn in The Engineered Engagement. Sometime after June 2009.
3. Finish final edits on Clara and the Cowboy. The contract for this one arrived and the deadline was moved up from September to June. I'll give this one one more readthrough and send it off in the next week or so.
4. Begin plotting and writing sequels to Clara and the Cowboy: Lily and the Lawman and Maggie and the Maverick. I added 12K words to the mss. in April. Not as much as I would've liked, but better than nothing. I am just over half way. Hoping to get Lily finished and Maggie plotted this month.
5. Prepare proposal packet and three chapters of a mystery/romance I've got kicking around in my head, including materials to pitch at ACFW. Haven't started this one yet.
6. Register for ACFW Denver. Registration is slated to open this month.
7. Attend ACFW Denver. Less than 135 days!
8. Read 5 books on craft this year, focusing on characterization, conflict, and endings. Just ordered the new Donald Maass book The Fire in Fiction. Looking forward to this one.
9. Coordinate the Women's Fiction category for the ACFW Genesis Contest. The requirements for this job are winding down. I'm more in awe than ever of Camy Tang, organizer par excellance. And all the judges. They've gone above and beyond the call of duty. I've learned so much from them. I'm anxious to make those finalist calls. :)
So, how'd your April goals go? What are your plans for May?