Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Meetings



Today is a day of meetings. Bookkeeping-related meetings, corporate meetings, and for me, a lot of note-taking and listening.
It's the time of year when the business I work for sets goals for the coming year and analyzes the previous year. They decide who does what job and who gets what pay. I sit and take notes, type up the minutes of the meetings, and organize the corporate books.
I'll also empty out the 2008 files in preparation for 2009.
So many analogies to me made to the writing life. As January first looms, it's time to look back at 2008 to see what worked well and what didn't. It's a time to strategize about the upcoming year, decide what jobs will be done and in what order.
Knowing the end of year for me is always loaded with bookkeeping duties, I took time last week to analyze my writing goals for 2009. I'll continue to fine-tune those goals through out the year and hopefully remember to post them here near the first of each month.
If you're busy this week, at least be 'composting' those goals you want to accomplish in 2009, then post them on your blog and let me know. I'd like to see what you all are up to. Together, we can make '09 productive.

No comments:

Post a Comment