This week's Friday Five is inspired by the fact that I'm having company this week. My friend and crit partner, Kaye, arrives tomorrow at noon.
Five things I have done to prepare for company.
1. Cleaned. Don't we all? I've tried to learn over the years not to leave it all until the morning company is expected. I've also tried to learn not to sweat the small stuff too much. Will my company really walk out if the shoes in the mud-room aren't lined up along the wall? Doing a little each day in the week before and not sweating the small stuff has made my family happier with having company too. They don't like a snarky, stressed out mama. Go figure.
2. New pillows on the guest bed. I bought new pillows for the guest bed a couple years ago, and slowly they have been filched, thieved, purloined, and absquadulated with. Every member of this household, myself included, grabbed one when an old one needed to go. I bet this will happen again.
3. Made an appt. for manicures for Kaye and myself. We'll treat ourselves to a fingerwave before heading up to Minneapolis to dazzle editors. :)
4. Worked ahead. As much as I have been able, I've tried to get all the work done I can in advance so I can relax and enjoy my company.
5. Prayed. Prayed for safe travel, for God to smooth the bumps, and for us to have a sweet fellowship together.
How about you? What do you do when you know company is on the way?