This week's Friday Five is another walk down memory lane.
Five cars I've owned or driven.
1. The first car I drove was a 196-something Ford Galaxy 500, turquoise with a black interior.
2. For most of high-school, I drove a 1972 Chevy Blazer, blue and white with a removeable hard top.
3. When I got married, my husband and I bought a 1985 1/2 Red Ford Escort. Unfortunately, my beloved little Marci was brutally murdered when a kid without a driver's license ran a yield sign and slammed into her with me in the driver's seat. I was shaken and stirred, but not broken up.
4. Our next car was a 1987 gold Ford Escort named Franklin. I loved that car, but when our second child was on the way, we decided we needed something bigger.
5. We bought a 1987 blue Ford Taurus Station Wagon. I named it Lucy, we got it cheap, and it didn't owe us a dime when we sold it.
6. We bought a 1996 Olds Delta 88, green with a gold pinstripe. I named it Peppermint Patty (are you sensing a theme here?) which my husband still drives.
7. In 2004, we bought a brand new (first time we ever bought a new car) Olds Silhouette Minivan. It is gold, and I've named it Pigpen.
My husband had a 1976 Olds Cutlass when we got married. His name was Linus...and thus began the Peanuts names.
I've never had a speeding ticket. :)
Do you have any car memories? Does anyone else name their cars?