Monday, September 11, 2006

Monday Remembrances

Today is a day of remembrances. Many blogs, news programs, specials, and memorial services will be devoted to remembering all we lost five years ago today.

I wanted to share a verse that I feel is appropriate for the times we live in as a result of 9/11.

From the New American Standard:

Psalm 94:19 When my anxious thoughts multiply within me, Thy consolations delight my soul.

What a comfort! As a novelist, my imagination is often a free ranging animal. This is great when you're making up stories, but not when you're worrying about life. I take great comfort in knowing that God is in control of everything at all times. I know He is not shocked, surprised or stymied by anything man does on this earth. And He is able to calm my heart and my mind when my anxious thoughts multiply within me.

No comments:

Post a Comment